Why Get Involved?
The TAMU Student Government Association provides unique opportunities for students to build relationships, enhance leadership skills, become civically engaged, maximize their college experiences, and develop the six Aggie Core Values.
All organizations in Student Government are advised by staff members in the Department of Student Activities, who are deeply committed to the development of the organizations and students.
(1) Students must be in good standing with the University and enrolled in at least 6 credit hours in a regular semester during the term of membership. If the student is enrolled in the Blinn TEAM program, they must meet the stipulations outlined in Student Rule 18.104.22.168.
Executive Cabinet & Executive Cabinet Committees
Executive Vice President
Chief of Staff
Executive Vice President of Operations
Vice President of Student Services
Vice President of Legislative Relations
Vice President of Academic Affairs
Vice President of Student Involvement
Vice President of Communications
Vice President of Tradition Enrichment
Vice President of Municipal Affairs
Vice President of University Committees
All applications are due via email by 11:59 PM on Friday, April 1st to email@example.com.
Once selected in the spring, Commissioners recruit members in the fall at MSC Open House and through other targeted outreach. Depending on the needs of the commission, specific positions are defined. Commission members are selected through an interview and application process. Website: sga.tamu.edu/commissions.
All SGA committees recruit members at the beginning of fall semester, starting with MSC Open House, and most committees also recruit at the beginning of spring semester. Each committee has a separate application, interview, and selection process. See below for a list of member selection timelines and visit each committee’s respective website for specific dates. Brief descriptions of each committee can be accessed via sga.tamu.edu/committees. Click the titles below to visit the websites.
- Aggie Muster Committee: Accepts 33 members in the Fall semester.
- Aggie Recruitment Committee: Accepts members in Fall and Spring semesters.
- Aggies & Mentors: Accepts members in Fall and Spring semesters.
- Alternative Spring Break: Members for trips are chosen on a first come, first serve ongoing application process until all trips are full. Once full, a waitlist is drafted. Site leaders are chosen in Fall semester through an application process.
- Career Closet: Accepts members in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- CARPOOL: Only Freshman and Transfer students may apply at the beginning of the Fall semester. The committee also accepts members at the end of the Fall semester and during Spring semester.
- COSGA: Accepts committee members at the beginning of the Fall semester. Hosts are chosen in November and are expected to attend meetings leading up to the conference in February.
- Fish Aides: Accepts 40 members in the Fall semester.
- Fish Aides Application (via Get Involved TAMU)
- Gilbert Leadership Conference: Accepts approximately 30 members in the Fall semester.
- Replant: Accepts members in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- The Big Event: Accepts members in the Fall semester. Please see website for details.
- Traditions Council: Accepts members in the Fall semester.
- Twelfth Can: Accepts members in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Every student at Texas A&M is represented in the Senate both by academic classification and area of residence. Senators are elected in the campus-wide spring election, with the exception of freshman representatives, who run in a special fall election. In the event that a seat becomes vacant, the Senate officers appoint a replacement through an application and interview process. Website: senate.tamu.edu.
Associate Justice Applications for the Texas A&M Judicial Court are now open. Please complete this Judicial Court Application and email your completed application in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10th, at 9:00pm. The Judicial Court will then review applications and send a list of candidates to Student Body President Natalie Parks for final selections.
Once selected by the SBP, potential members of the Judicial Court are then confirmed by the Student Senate. Website: sga.tamu.edu/judicial.